Tel: +38 044 498 7383
Fax: +38 044 498 7385
Roman Ognevyuk assists clients in domestic and international business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, and joint ventures. Clients often turn to Roman for assistance in cross-border corporate and trade disputes.
Roman works closely with the firm’s other practice groups, as well as external accountants, investment bankers and other professionals to address and handle the complex issues that characteristically arise in transactions and investigations, resulting in favourable conclusions for clients.
He is listed by Best Lawyers International among recommended lawyers for tax and investment in Ukraine. The Legal 500 – EMEA recommends Roman in corporate and M&A law.
- Advising Andriy Malitskiy and Igor Filipenko (both acting as claimants) on the issues of Ukrainian law in oppression remedy claim in the courts of the British Virgin Islands’ (BVI). The case arose out of misappropriation of USD 35.8 million by the defendants (Andrey Adamovskiy and Stockman Interhold SA)
- Acted as an expert on Ukrainian law in a case heard in the Commercial Court, Queen’s Bench Division of the High Court of Justice of England and Wales (London). The case concerned a disputed purchase of debt for US$ 10 000 000 owned by a Ukrainian steel manufacturer
- Advised ENERGEES MANAGEMENT LIMITED (Cyprus) in connection with the acquisition of British oil and gas public company REGAL PETROLEUM PLC with assets in Ukraine, Egypt and Romania
- Represented Smart Holding in the process of merger of its metallurgical and ore-mining assets with metallurgical and ore-mining assets of System Capital Management Group and creation of a joint venture on the basis of Metinvest B.V.
- Advised Smart Holding on structuring the acquisition of a majority stake in Veres group of companies and creation of a joint venture in the Netherlands
- Advised Henkell & Co. Sektkellerei G.m.b.H. in the acquisition of a controlling stake of a major Ukrainian sparkling wines manufacturer, Kyiv Factory of Sparkling Wines Stolychny
- Advised a Ukrainian investor in the EUR 450 million tender bid for acquisition of a major German steel plant
Professional and community activities:
- Kyiv City Bar Association
- Ukrainian Bar Association
- Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, Institute of International Relations, School of Private International Law (Ukraine, 2007)
Admitted to bar:
- Ukraine, 2008