Tel: +38 044 498 7383
Fax: +38 044 498 7385
Oleksandr Merezhko is an external advisor to ENGARDE. He earned his reputation as expert in international trade law, law and practice of the European Union, public and private international law while he acted as the professor at the John Paul II Lublin Catholic University (Poland), the Institute of International Relations at the Kyiv National University (Ukraine), a visiting professor at the Penn State Dickinson School of Law (USA), an associate professor at the Diplomatic Academy of Ukraine at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, Visiting Professor at the Graduate School of International Studies, University of Denver (USA). He also served as an expert to the Working Group on Drafting Civil Code of Ukraine (adopted by the Parliament of Ukraine in 2003).
Oleksandr authored more than 15 books on international private law, including works in the fields of contract law and international trade. One of Oleksandr’s books, “Introduction to Philosophy of International Law”, was awarded a Special Award of the Society of Lawyers of Ukraine. His interest in the theory of law spans a diverse range of areas including international trade law, law and practice of the European Union, public and private international law. He looks forward to working with the firms’ clients on the projects where his background can be productive.
- international trade & investment;
- law and practice of the European Union;
- international law.
Professional and Community Activities:
- Professor at the University of Economics and Law “KROK”, head of the Chair of International Law (Ukraine, from 2009)
- Professor at the Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski Krakow University, head of the Chair of International Law (Poland, from 2011)
- founding member of the editorial board of Oxford Online Bibliography on International Law;
- member of the Ukrainian Society of International Law
- member of the American Association of International Law
- Doctor of Legal Sciences, thesis: “Theory and Principles of Transnational Trade Law (Lex Mercatoria)” (Ukraine, 2002);
- Candidate of Legal Sciences (PhD), thesis: “Humanitarian Intervention and International Law” (Ukraine, 1996);
- Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, Department of International Law (Ukraine, 1994)