Competition law in Ukraine is complex. Most large international and Ukrainian companies will, at some time or other, require assistance in dealing with the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine (AMCU). Companies need preliminary rulings or permissions from the AMCU when establishing industrial and financial groups, planning joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions or using other methods to obtain control over a company. A similar situation exists when dealing with collaborative or joint corporate actions. Our competition practice group has a great deal of experience in all aspects of competition and antitrust law.
We advise international and Ukrainian businesses on all aspects of obtaining merger clearances from the AMCU. We also vigorously represent clients in cases related to unfair competition, e. g. improper actions of entrepreneurs aimed at the elimination or restriction of market competition. Examples of this are using someone else’s business reputation, taking unfair advantage of another company’s’ name, trademark and other means of individualization, or creating barriers to competition.
Our competition law services include:
- Preparation of documents for applying for preliminary permits or merger clearance with the AMCU
- Obtaining preliminary conclusions, permits or merger clearances
- Drafting unfair competition complaints
- Representing clients’ interests during Antimonopoly Committee’s competition investigations
- Representing clients before courts in competition cases, including challenging decisions by the AMCU
- Cross-border merger control compliance